Delivery Fleet Upgrade26/11/2018
J2O Find Your Mojo This Spring22/04/2021
There is so much talk of making changes, what is good today is bad tomorrow. Plastics are currently one of the key issues our industry has to address.
Watch this video, take it in and think some more?
It's not as bad as some would have you believe!
A few key facts in the glass vs plastic discussion!
- Half the density of glass, plastic is a strong lightweight material – allows packaging to be really thin vs other methods therefore and it consumes less resources for transportation
- 1 glass bottle requires 24 times more glass packaging to package the same amount of liquid as an equivalent plastic bottle
- You can use a glass bottle 8 times before it needs re melting to use again
- The energy required for glass bottle production is much higher, glass melts at 1500°C, plastic melts at 300°C
- Glass isn’t the green champion it is purported to be, if plastic effectively recycled it’s better for the environment
- PLASTIC is recyclable, it’s not the plastic that’s the problem it’s what we do with it